Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Polymer Clay Glazing Fail

Hello My Dear Friends!  I hope this finds you well.

My last post was about how much I enjoyed playing with polymer clay, right?  Not so much right now!  I have been experimenting with glazing finishes to no avail.  


See the very tip of the strawberry - thats where the glaze accumulated- yuck!.


I've been searching online, including YouTube and watching endless videos and reviews of this and that product.  Well, the three I have used have not worked for me or at least have not performed to my satisfaction.  I want to have a very shiny, almost glass like finish on my polymer clay strawberries.  

This is my homemade drying rack.  Works good just wish the glazing products did.  They do look deceivingly shiny, it's the flash though.



These are the glazes I've used - Yup that's Pledge floor care.  One of the people I YouTubed recommended it.  Her charms looked very nice and shiny, so I thought what the heck.  Not for me though.


Any ideas or glazing product recommendations for me?  I so much want to get these done soon so that I can finish a gift for a blog friend.  I did pick up a 2 part resin today at Michaels and will be trying that soon.  

I'll keep you posted on my glazing dilemma and if you have a recommendation for me by all means, please leave me a comment.  


Glaze you later, peace!




Creating for the greater good.
La Doña Boutique

7 comments:

Jackie said...

I think they look great!! Wow, nice work! But yeah, I would skip the floor polish, man, that must smell awful anyway! I don't work with clay, tried it , did not like it, but I do admire people who can work with it!

Peikkonen said...

I'm quite new to polymer clay, too, but did you sand and buff them first? Not sure if buffing is necessary, when using a glaze, but sanding definitely is. Can't help you with any brands, since I've tried to do without glazing - I'm not good with stuff like that... I've seen Varathane mentioned by many, though.

Createology said...

I came to visit from Tanya at Bead and Needle. I am no help with the polymer clay or glazing. Epic Fail for me totally! Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Cheryl said...

Silly girl... just spray them with a high gloss sealant spray. Works like a charm!

rebecca said...

dear jenny,

something beautiful happened when i has sitting at the feet of mary as the sun rose this morning. from that a new meme was born at recuerda mi corazon. mornings with mary, each monday i am beginning my week honoring mary with a simple photograph, i hope you will join me in all this mary love.
xoxoxoxxo

Unknown said...

I'm a new jewelry designer with no experience in clay.

I’m part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm now following you. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I stopped by looking for your BSBP7 post, but since I'm here I thought I'd let you know I use Sculpy gloss glaze. I'm pretty sure I bought it from B'sue boutique (online).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...