Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Holy Card

I have been collecting Vintage Holy Cards for several years and I find that I have a hard time doing or parting with them.  I was hoping that this year I would have the time to make something with them or at least get them scanned into my computer but of course life got in the way again.  I have several Christmas ones so I will post them for you to see.  


In regards to Christmas decorating,  I hope to get up and going this week - finally - this is my favorite holiday and I just could not get going early enough and I've gotten grumpy about it.  I have to keep reminding myself that it's not just about decking your house but also a time to prepare yourself to receive Him and what blessings He brings.  





Take care everyone and don't burn out on Christmas -  remember, "He's the reason for the Season".


Trying not to be grumpy , Jenny

2 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I am right there with you. In past years I nearly always had the tree and most all decorations out by the time everyone got here for Thanksgiving. This year nothing until couple days ago, and then it is very little. I just can't seem to get motivated this year.

Georgina said...

Hola Ms. Jenny...haven't seen you around in a while..oh yea, life's gotten in the way...don't you hate when that happens!!?? LOL

I haven't put anything up yet either; like you, life has been far too busy for that, but I've gotten to a point in my life to simplify, like Thoreau...well, not that simple...not going to live in a cabin in the woods and almost starve myself to death because I simplified too much!! LOL

Last year I purchased a 4' Christmas tree and now have sent my daughter most of the larger ornaments for her own tree, memories for her and new ones for my grandchildren. I don't "deck the hall" all that much anymore, but I still love baking my biscotchitos and Mexican wedding cookies and dem sum!! I wrote a blog about it a few weeks ago...how things have changed now that I'm a "ruqa" and I like it too!!

So be kind to yourself, don't beat yourself up and as you say, remember He's the reason for the season. Enjoy, mi amigita and breath.

Abrazos,
Georgina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...